Monday, January 26, 2015

Ford Ranger 2wd Spindles

Remember way back when I did a clearance/suspension flex test and complained about the stock height of my Ranger? Several weeks ago I was able to install some 3" fit spindles I picked up on the cheap side. Click Here For the Spindles!
It took 5 hours, grinding LCAs, several cans (or what seemed like) of WD40, and multiple test runs.
The installation went smooth with little hiccups and I was able to run it through some mud and test the clearance with my buddy Sal, who decided to take his Toyota Sequoia out just for giggles. I was able to take some awesome pictures:

Easy installation, but if you'll look closely at the ball joint connecting the tie rod to the spindle you'll see one of those "hiccups" I was talking about...



Really painful and even nerve-racking, but it had to be done. Without grinding down the 1/4" of the LCA, your turning radius is basically shot. In fact, I felt like I improved on Ford's engineering; now I can make a sharper U-Turn than just about any truck on the road!

One of the best mountain-top pictures I've ever gotten. It couldn't have been better timing.

















Happy truck, happy...life? Close enough.











No comments:

Post a Comment